Terms and conditions
Before your training
- In order to secure your training booking you will need to respond to the email outlining your provisional booking, stating that you agree to these terms and conditions. Please contact us as soon as possible if you need any clarification or if there is an issue with agreeing to them.
- Details of your booking will be stored by Kidscape but will never be used by any third party. We may use these to communicate with you about Kidscape’s work. If you do not wish to be contacted please inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kidscape often mention organisations where we are delivering training through our social media accounts. If you do not wish to be mentioned please let us know in advance of the session.
- If you are receiving training onsite, ensure that you are able to provide a suitable venue, with parking available for the training. This will include providing IT equipment (i.e. projector, laptop, speakers for Powerpoint presentations or equivalent equipment), flipchart and pens and suitable seating for delegates. Please let us know as much as possible in advance if you are unable to provide any of these.
- If you are receiving training onside and delegates are to be provided with training materials we will email this to you in advance of the session and ask that you make a copy for each attendee. If you are not able to do this please inform Kidscape as far as possible in advance to allow us to make alternative arrangements.
- Your agreement for training is with Kidscape. We ask that you copy us into any communications with your trainer (if applicable) before and after the session and that you do not attempt to solicit training from them directly.
During the training
- When delivering sessions to children under the age of 18 we require an appropriate member of staff to be present at all times throughout the sessions. The member of staff should be someone who knows the pupils and who is able to help embed and reinforce the learning following Kidscape's input.
- When the trainer is delivering a series of sessions to different delegates we ask that you allow a short interlude between sessions. We know from experience that trainers need time to pack up at the end of a session and set up again at the start therefore this should be built into any schedule.
After the training
- Once onsite training has been completed a PDF certificate will be sent to your organisation for you to distribute to the delegates who attended the course.
- Following your training you will be sent a link to an online evaluation form. We ask that you complete this as it provides us with valuable information about our training services.
Online training/ Virtual event
Kidscape are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all attendees participating in our virtual events, regardless of
- Sexual orientation
- National origin
or other relating to one of the Equality Act protected characteristics. We expect all participants to help maintain a safe, kind and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at any time during a Kidscape virtual workshop, meeting or training event.
Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images
- Real or implied threats of professional or financial damage or harm
- Inappropriate or deliberate disruption of the event
Consequences of misconduct may include:
- Immediate removal from the Kidscape virtual event without warning
- Restrictions from future events hosted by Kidscape
Invoicing and fees
- Trainer travel is charged in addition to the training fees for onsite training provision. We will always try to give you an estimate of what these are likely to be in advance of you confirming the booking.
- In some circumstances the trainer will need to stay near the training venue. Where this is the case, the cost of reasonable accommodation and subsistence expenses (maximum £20 per overnight stay) are charged and will be added to your invoice. We will inform you before confirming the booking if any overnight stay will be required.
- You will be invoiced by Kidscape shortly following your session for the fee, travel accommodation and subsistence expenses if applicable, and any other agreed costs.
- Payment is due in full within 30 days of when the invoice is issued. When paying, please be sure to include your organisation’s details and the date of the session.
- VAT is payable on the full invoice.
Cancellation and transfer
- If you have booked onsite training and need to change the date of your booking please inform Kidscape as soon as possible. Please note that a booking can only be transferred once, and an admin fee of £50 will be added.
- If you need to cancel a session with more than 30 days’ notice there will be no charge.
- A cancellation made between 5 working days and 30 days of the delivery date will incur of 50% of the booking cost.
- A cancellation within 5 working days of the course start date will require full payment.
- In cases of cancellation or postponement of a session you will be liable to pay any non-refundable/non-transferable costs incurred by Kidscape or the trainer (e.g. travel).
- Please note that, whilst rare, Kidscape reserves the right to replace your trainer with a suitable alternative. We will inform you of any changes as soon as we are able.
- On extremely rare occasions, Kidscape has to postpone training due to unforeseen circumstances such as trainer illness. We will always endeavour to provide a replacement trainer for the same date however this is not always possible. For onsite training, we will endeavour to rearrange the session for a mutually convenient date as soon as we can.